As social workers, sometimes we may have feelings that hurt or emotions that sting the most.
We get these feelings when we find ourselves stuck and unable to effectively change people’s lives because of several factors such as time restraints and limited resources.
Equally, in our personal lives, sometimes we have the longing for impossible things indeed, because they are impossible; nostalgia and reminiscence for what never was; the desire for what could have been; regret over not being someone else; dissatisfaction with our career; and overall dissatisfaction with the world’s existence!
All these create in us a painful landscape, an eternal sunset of what we are. BUT “it is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars” – Richard Evans.
So, never give up and live your life to the fullest!
REMEMBER, quotes can help uplift and inspire you as a social worker.
100 Powerful Quotes About Never Giving Up
Over the last few months, by going through a challenge started by the great Paul Scrivs, I have come to realise that there is the need to never lose infinite hope!
That is why I have put together 100 quotes about never giving up on your dreams, including reasons why.
Never Give Up Quotes
- “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” ―James A. Michener
- “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” ― Barack Obama
- “Your success matters more than you think it does” – unknown
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”– Earl Nightingale.
- “The most worthwhile things in life are not easy” – unknown
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” ―Vince Lombardi
- “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” -Mark Twain
- “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” -Bill Cosby
- “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” ― Pablo Neruda
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela
- “Many great successes were once known as big, sad, sorry failures” – unknown
- “They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.” ― Tom Bodett
- “In a time of destruction, create something.” ― Maxine Hong Kingston
- 14. “How long should you try? Until.” ―Jim Rohn
- 15. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” -Pablo Picasso
- 16. “Some people go through hard times, so bad that they can’t even talk about it, but no matter what, we should never give up.” ― Ifeoluwa Egbetade
- “The best things, the things that matter most, are the most difficult” – unknown
- “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” ―Elbert Hubbard
- “You just can’t beat the person who won’t give up.” ―Babe Ruth
- “Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” ―Winston Churchill
- “Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.”– Coco Chanel
- “Don’t be discouraged” – unknown
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day whispering, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”– Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” ― Laini Taylor
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” ― Bill Keane
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” ―Chuck Yeager
- “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” ―Jesse Jackson
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ―Thomas Edison
- 31. “Survival can be summed up in three words―never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.” ―Bear Grylls
- “Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” ―Conrad Hilton
- “Have a renewed energy and get things done” – unknown
- “If birds can glide for long periods of time, then… why can’t I?” -Orville Wright
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” ―Confucius
- “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” ―Dale Carnegie
- ” Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” Richard Branson
- “Failure isn’t fatal, but failure to change might be.” John Wooden
- “You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” Wayne Gretzky
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” J.K. Rowling
- “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” LeBron James
- “I can accept failure; everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” Michael Jordan
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” ―Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “There is nothing like a dream to create the future.” ― Victor Hugo
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher
- “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” ― Dr Roopleen
- 47. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” Susan Gale
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticised, anyway. You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.” Randy Pausch
- “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With positive mental attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, and a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order to prepare to try again.” W. Clement Stone
- “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” Drew Barrymore
- “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater or equal benefit.” Napoleon Hill
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” Louisa May Alcott
- “You build on failure. You use it as a steppingstone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” Johnny Cash
- “It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.” John Steinbeck
- “A man may fail many times but he isn’t a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.” John Burroughs
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” Og Mandino
- “When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So, I did ten times more work.” George Bernard Shaw
- “Don’t quit. Success is ahead” – unknown
- “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” ― Alexander Pope
- “What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning – and some of them many times over – what do you find? That you can swim? Well – life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!” Alfred Adler
- “Strive to be more than average. Average never changed the world” – unknown
- “Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.” Leo Buscaglia
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Tenacity matters more than talent” – unknown
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” -Michael Jordan
- “There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, Morrel, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of life. ” Live, then, and be happy, beloved children of my heart, and never forget, that until the day God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words, ‘Wait and Hope.” ― Alexandre Duma
- “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” James Cameron
- “But hoping,” he said, “is how the impossible can be possible after all.” ― Marissa Meyer, Heartless
- “Talent is great, but without tenacity, talent won’t get you very far” – unknown
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Hang in there, and stay tenacious” – unknown
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.” Napoleon Hill
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Be as you wish to seem.”– Socrates
- “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.”– Jack Ma
- “Failure is important. Every winner loses, but not every loser wins” – unknown
- “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.”– Newt Gingrich
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”– George Eliot
- “Don’t close the book when bad things happen in your life! Just turn the page and start a new chapter!”– LaToya Jackson
- “Remember the look on your nemesis’ face when you succeed will be glorious. Keep moving” – unknown
- “Finish every day and be done with it like a pro” – unknown
- “Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is only a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.” ― Kālidāsa,
- “Walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone” ― Shah Rukh Khan
- “Instant success is a myth” – unknown
- “When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, everyone. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other” ― Veronica Roth
- It takes many reiterations for one success – unknown
- “Walk on with hope in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone” ― Shah Rukh Khan
Bible Quotes on Never Giving Up
- 1 Corinthians 9:24. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. –
- 2 Timothy 1:7. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Luke 1:37. “For nothing will be impossible with God.”
- Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope”.
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me”.
5 Reasons Why You Should Never Give Up
- Never give up on your dreams because time will pass by anyway, you might as well do something amazing with it.
- This new day is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, so do not waste a moment on the yesterday’s
- The more you do something, the easier it will get, and the better you will get at doing it. You will improve and be a master
- Fulfilling your purpose in life is an ongoing decision, it is not fate.
- There is a hero inside you. Make it shine!
Final thoughts on Never Give Up Quotes
In life and as social workers, some blunders and absurdities will no doubt creep in. But forget them as soon as you can, tomorrow is a new day, start it well and press on.
Try something different and don’t let past failure keep you from future success.
Share your experiences about not giving up in the comments section below.
I will love to hear about them.
Quotes about living life to the fullest