Unique quotes about life shows that being different makes ‘you’, the person sitting right next to you and each one of us special.
As social workers we may sometimes feel lost, constantly looking elsewhere for self-validation, spreading ourselves thin, putting our mind and body through strenuous situations.
You may even be in disbelief about your achievements in life. Maybe it is because you are not getting the support you need to practice effectively? Or perhaps you are working on cases which cause you to question your skills, abilities and make you feel drained.
Do you suffer from imposter syndrome where you feel out of place despite many years of practicing or training?
I am not afraid to say I have been in a similar position many times and have questioned my abilities!
If you question your worth and cover up your achievements, then you are in the right place.
In this article, you will find inspiring words, unique quotes about life, short unique quotes and positive quotes about being unique.
Unique quotes about yourself
Unique quotes about yourself allow you to recognise and appreciate who you are.
How can I be unique quotes?
Each day say these words to yourself, “I am unique”.
You say this because you are a unique individual with a unique purpose in life.
You are not like anyone else, and your purpose on earth is defined by who you are.
You are irreplaceable, and your life is worth living.
You live well every day. You are responsible for every decision you make in life.
You dream. You believe. You have faith.
YET, you may fail but will rise again because you have the strength to do so.
You try again… and maybe again or perhaps a few more times BUT never give up.
You stand tall and grow because you are unique.
What is good about being unique?
Being unique sets you apart from others and although sometimes it may feel like a burden, it is not.
You have to be unique to stand out in life.
Here are some cool quotes about being unique
- “What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it’s not. And often, it’s what makes you great”. – Emma Stone.
- “I am a wild woman. It would take a warrior to tame my spirit.” – Nikki Rowet.”
- “I am chic, sleek, and so unique.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “You are unrepeatable. There is a magic about you that is all your own.” — D.M. Dellinger.
- “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” — A. A. Milne
- “It’s hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world.” ―Dolly Parton
- “My beauty is my eccentricity, when I am out people stare at me and speak, look at that creative guy, unique guy, different guy.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Show up in the world in a way that makes you proud. Speak words that you wouldn’t be ashamed to hear repeated back to you”
- “We should all celebrate the magnitude of diverse and unique souls that live in our world today, for it is an essence that makes our lives colourful every single
- day.” – Gloria D. Gonsalves
- “He who refuses to embrace a unique opportunity loses the prize as surely as if he had failed.” — William James
- “Dare to be remarkable.” — Jane Gentry
- “Be curious. Curiosity will take you on adventures far and wide. Be open to it”–unknown.
- ” I am unique because I am me, no duplicate with my imperfect perfections, there is none like me”
- “The moment you accept all of who you are, despite your imperfections, you realise that happiness has been awaiting you all along,” – socialworkhaven.com
- “When I say “no” to some activities that I believe are ungodly, some people say I am “nobody”. Yes, I agree… “no” body; that’s who I am. I am a “body” that can say “no” to bad attitudes!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “You are unique, precious gems decorating the earth; each glow and glitter fix a missing puzzle. You have to learn to be more comfortable in the human suit we carry as you share your light. You do not see the sun apologising for the way that it shines so bright, so why should you? Embrace your uniqueness and awesomeness because you are worth it”
- “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “You were born to be an original. Don’t die a copy.” — John Mason.
- “You have a life mission and the world needs you”–unknown
- “The secret of a health mind, body and soul is not to mourn the past or worry about the future”–unknown.
- “I believe that every person has uniqueness—something that nobody else has.” — Michael Schenker
- “You are unique because you are different from anyone else”
- “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” — Walt Disney
- “You are authentic and beautiful”–unknown
- “Choose love and allow yourself to be seen”–unknown
- “You are unique. Be courageous enough to hold on to the fights that you need to, but also brave enough to let go of what is not worth fighting for”–socialworkhaven.com
- “Your unique way of doing things is what makes you so special, so don’t always feel the need to do things the way others want you to do them.” – Afam Uche
- “Now is a good time to stop saying yes to things you really want to say no to. If you’ve been waiting on permission to say no, permission granted. Say yes to the things you choose and no to the things you don’t,”–C. Spiegel
- “I am unique because I believe in my abilities and focus on me,”–socialworkhaven.com
- “True happiness begins the moment you decide to be yourself”–socialworkhaven.com
- “If he did it, why can’t you? If she did it, why not you? If they did it, so could you. Believe that you can and you will”. – unknown
- “Don’t wait for permission to be yourself. You are unique. Not a single person has the right to grant you that permission except for you” – socialworkhaven.com
- “Even if you have travelled miles in one direction, you can always turn around” – This has to be one of my favourite ‘I am unique quotes’ and I believe it is one of the most beautiful quotes about being unique.
- This quote stresses on the importance of not giving up on life. When you are on a rocky path, you always have the choice to turn back no matter how far you have travelled.
- Sometimes in life, we make certain choices and realise later on that they were poor decisions. BUT we may feel we have come a long way and putting an end to that situation may seem overwhelming.
- If you ever find yourself in such a situation, gather the courage, risk assess and turn around, it may end up being the best journey back you could ever imagine.
- Believe in your abilities and do not feel guilty for choosing yourself first.
How can I be unique?
To be unique in life, you need to appreciate that you are special and irreplaceable. You have a unique fulfilment and mission in life.
Unlike everyone else, you have unique qualities and attributes.
Unique Quotes about life
#1 Be yourself
Committing to authentically being who you are will not always be easy. It takes courage and heart to be who you were born to be. But you’ll have a lot more fun, and you ‘ll find your true place of belonging if you do.
#2 Tough times
When difficult times arise, remind yourself that life will go back to normal, even if it’s a new normal. Whatever you are experiencing will eventually pass.
This truth doesn’t diminish what is happening, but it allows you to find the light at the end of the tunnel by recognising that time will keep moving forward. And in time, you will be okay once again.
#3 You are human, you will make mistakes
Making mistakes is inevitable. Hopefully, you ‘ll make a lot of them, because that means you are trying, and trying means you are fully alive. It also makes life a hell of a lot more interesting.
#4 Pressure around you
Don’t be pressurised into boarding a sinking ship. Make bold and unique choices in life with confidence.
#5 Questioning yourself
Questioning your own reality can shift your perspective. When you find yourself listening to the stories in your head, speaking negatively, or making judgments about others, ask yourself this simple question, without judgment: is it true?”
Is it possible that it is only your interpretation, rather than fact? Is there an opportunity to assume positive intention or have a more compassionate dialogue instead?
We are often assuming scenarios and judging others and ourselves, but having the ability to question ourselves gives us the opportunity to become more self-aware and openhearted.
#6 Gratitude and perfection
Some days you feel you have failed at life because you haven’t done it perfectly.
You said the thing you shouldn’t have, or you didn’t do the one thing you should have.
BUT when that happens, consider this instead:
You are human, and you ‘re figuring out life with as much resilience and grace as you can muster. You made it to another day because you are supported to be here.
And in the moments when the weight of your perceived imperfection feels especially heavy, practice gratitude.
Say, thank you for what you’ve done right.
That graciousness will shift everything, because gratitude is reciprocal. Bestow it on yourself always, but especially when you need it most.
#7 You can begin again
There will be times when you’ve come as far as you can, when your heart is broken open and you see no way through.
When those moments present themselves to you, sit quietly, courageously feel what you feel, and then, and only then, let go – as gracefully as you can.
Grace is knowing for certain that you will inevitably be hurt again and knowing just as certain that you are strong, you are resilient, and all of it will make you more beautiful.
It is only through our brokenness that our light can shine. You will begin again.
Short unique quotes
- I am seen
- I am heard
- You are spectacular the way you are and admired
- You stand tall and unique
- My life matters
- Your life matters
- Watch your thoughts, they become words you may not want to speak
- What your words, they become actions you may not want to remember again
- What your actions, they become habits you do not want to exhibit
- My experiences matter
- I continue to strive
- You are worth more worthy than you will even understand
- Be on the lookout for wonder, generosity and unexpected smiles.
- I am unique; I am special; I am me.
- Courage is the willful strength to fight and the mindfulness to understand why you’re fighting.
- Always choose kindness
- Be patient with yourself
- Your reality is what you make of it
- You won’t get what you do not ask for, but you might get what you do. So do not hold back and just ask.
- You are not broken, nor have you ever been. You don’t need fixing. You are unique, worthy and complete.
Before you go
We are blessed with many opportunities and life treasures. YET, we dwell on the negatives.
Thankfulness can help us appreciate life and our uniqueness.
Gratitude allows us to temporarily step away from life’s struggles.
Now, write a list of all the things you appreciate about yourself–this may take a few hours or even days. You can start and always come back to it.
Take your time and consider why they mean so much to you.
Write these reasons down.
Consider sharing them with friends and family.
When you are ready, say it out loud to yourself repeatedly.
Notice how you feel afterward.
Remember, finding your uniqueness and believing in it is a step towards growth and self-esteem.
With a powerful self-esteem, you will feel empowered and can empower others in your day to day practice.
PIN IT FOR LATER