Norman Vincent Peale once wrote, change your thoughts and you change your world.
I truly believe that the mind is powerful and we can drastically improve our lives by changing the way we think.
This means that your happiness is up to you and there is the need to train your brain to think positively.
Is it possible to change your thoughts?
The secret to changing your thoughts is in your mindset. Shifting your mindset can help you cultivate a positive outlook and change your feelings and thoughts.
Thoughts can control your life.
BUT, by identifying negative thoughts and recognising the truth, you can control your thoughts.
You have to change your mentality, habits and your actions to change your life.
How do you change your world?
- You can achieve this by seeking positive people in your life.
- Challenge your thoughts by weighing your thoughts against the evidence. Then explore why you believe them in the first place. By stimulating your thoughts, your mindset will begin to change.
- Immerse yourself in positivity and this includes positive media– listen to positive audio tapes, view positive images and positive videos.
- Get started with wellbeing by moving more, staying hydrated and keeping in touch with your friends and family. Want to know more about getting started with your wellbeing? Check out this article HERE!
- Invest in yourself and personal growth to enhance your life. Want to know reasons why investing in yourself is key? Click HERE!
- Focus on how you can help others. Helping others will make you happier and feel good. You will connect with others and help build a better world for someone. This can be in the form of time, ideas or even a hug.
- Create a morning routine to transform your day. Having a consistent morning routine will help you stay consistent and have momentum for the entire day.
- Celebrate small wins at the end of the day by going through your gratitude journal. This will help you focus on the day’s best experience.
- Have a relaxing night by developing a healthy night-time routine.
- Get excited about the future and plan towards it. Check out my article on 5 Brilliant Ways to Get Excited About the Future.
Here are some interesting quotes about life and changing your thoughts.
- Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.–Buddha.
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
― Mae West
- Do What You Can With All You Have, Wherever You Are.–Theodore Roosevelt
- You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.–C. S. Lewis
- Today’s Accomplishments Were Yesterday’s Impossibilities.– Robert H. Schuller
- People Who Are Crazy Enough To Think They Can Change The World, Are The Ones Who Do.–Rob Siltanen
- In three words, I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
― Robert Frost
- Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to the inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to the inner love; it will transform you. – Sri Chinmoy
- We May Encounter Many Defeats But We Must Not Be Defeated.–Maya Angelou.
- The Man Who Has Confidence In Himself Gains The Confidence Of Others.–Hasidic Proverb
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. ― Oscar Wilde
- Imagine Your Life Is Perfect In Every Respect; What Would It Look Like?–Brian Tracy.
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. ― Andre Gide
- Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans. ― Allen Saunders
- Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are. ― Markus Zusak
- Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. ― John Green,
- Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody. ― Stephen Chbosky
- From within or from behind, a light shine through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.–Ralph Waldo
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable. ― Jess C. Scott,
- But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie. ― Khaled Hosseini
- We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving. ― J.K. Rowling
- If you don’t know where you’re going, any road’ll take you there ― George Harrison
- Light is the symbol of truth in life.–James Russell Lowell.
- Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.–Sogyal Rinpoche
- Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.― Louise Erdrich
- Where there is love there is life.― Mahatma Gandhi
- May you live every day of your life. ― Jonathan Swift
- We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ― May Sarton
- A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ― George Bernard Shaw
- A candle loses nothing when it lights another candle.–Thomas Jefferson
- The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy. ― Kalu Ndukwe Kalu
- Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.–Terry Pratchett
- The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters. ― Audrey Hepburn
- Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart. ― Roy T. Bennett
- Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” ― Douglas Coupland
- It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime… ― Khaled Hosseini,
- It’s a funny thing about life. Once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack. – Germany Kent
- Shout out to everyone overcoming a mindset, mentality, desire, belief, emotion, habit, behavior or vibration, that no longer serves them. – Lalah Delia
- Sometimes you save people with your words or with acts of kindness. Other times people save you. That’s what we were meant to do on this earth—be heroes.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- Be nice to people… maybe it’ll be unappreciated, unreciprocated, or ignored, but spread the love anyway. We rise by lifting others.- Germany Kent
- The backbone of success is hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance in life -Mia Hamm
- Do you know where your breakthrough begins? Your breakthrough begins where your excuses ends. – Patience Johnson
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. — Mae West.
- If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.- Steve Jobs.
- Plan your work and work your plan in life–Napoleon Hill
- Read a few books, you live a little, but help a few people, you live a lifetime. – Abhijit Naskar
- Remember that you can change your mindset and experience the benefits. Break away from negativity and move more progress towards self -acceptance, which is what helps us get to where we are aiming to get to.
Before you go
Thank you for reading this article to the end. I hope by believing that you can change your mindset, you will be able to eliminate negativity and improve your quality of life.
You have the power and ability to create the life you want and change your world by changing your thoughts. Give yourself time to retrain your brain.
So, every cloud has a silver lining. Find that silver lining today.
Find a group of positive people, make time for your morning routines and keep a gratitude journal, celebrate your wins no matter how small they are, believe in yourself and be happy.
Have you tried changing your thoughts? Did you find it always easy? Let me know in the comments below.
WHY YOU NEED POSITIVE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE.
WHY INVEST IN YOURSELF AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
5 BRILLIANT WAYS TO GET EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE.
PIN FOR LATER!