Social Workers are AWESOME
Hello you and welcome to social work haven. A blog on personal development and mental health for social workers.
I am super excited to have you here!
Why this blog?
I started this blog to create a haven where I can keep track of my personal development, mental health, mindfulness practices and career progression.
This blog will also provide excellent resources to help readers start their own haven creation journey around personal development, mental health, wellness practices and progress in their career along the way.
Through this blog,
- I hope to be able to provide a yearly Hardship Fund to support a social work student experiencing financial difficulties. I came up with this initiative based on personal experience whiles pursuing my social work degree qualification.
- I also believe that the information shared here would have a positive impact on your life.
Who am I?
My name is Angy, and I am a dreamer. I qualified as a social worker in 2017 and my social work experience spans across 4 areas of practice; front line work in adult social services, practice teaching, coaching, and research.
While I have felt like bashing my head on the wall when faced with many challenges in both my personal life and career; I have learnt some useful skills and techniques that have helped me become more effective in my role and manage my mental health….. and I want to offer others some insight into many of these and provide useful tips and resources.
As part of my Continuing Professional Development (CPD), I have completed a Certification in Working with People with Mental Health Needs, Practice Educator (PE) and Best Interests Assessor (BIA) training. Currently, I am in the final stages of an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) qualifying course, and I cannot wait to complete this!
As a wife and mother, I accept that life can be very busy and sometimes frustrating, especially when time appears to be limited however, I believe that personal development and a state of being mindful is an essential component in life and must not be ignored!
Join me on this journey to become the best version of ourselves. I hope that this blog will provide you with the resources, tools, tips and strategies to help you reach the heights you dream about.
If you’re new here, I suggest starting with this post about
- THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CAREER PROGRESSION | SOCIAL WORK
- HOW TO BUILD MINDFULNESS MUSCLES IN SOCIAL WORK | BEST TIPS OR HYPE?
Here are some other great posts to help you get started:
- THE MIRACLE MORNING | 6 MINUTES TO TRANSFORM YOUR DAY AS A SOCIAL WORKER
- GUIDED vs UNGUIDED MEDITATION | HOW CAN IT HELP THE MIND, BODY & SOUL?
- HOW TO WRITE CAPACITY ASSESSMENTS | BEST TIPS OR A PAIN IN THE NECK?
Please subscribe below to be updated when new posts are published.
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be more than happy to help you out.
Kindly follow my social media links and come say hello.
Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it!
Best Interests Assessor (BIA)
Practice Educator (PE)
ASYE Practice Assessor